[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Integration with Altigen

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Wed Aug 4 16:23:28 MST 2004

----- Original Message ----- > Message: 5
> From: "Geoff Nordli" <geoffn at gnaa.net>
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Integration with Altigen
> Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:11:53 -0700

Geoff-

FXS/FXO are not really a 2 way communication path.  you really need one of
each in each system to create a tie-line.

The Altigen will not be as flexible as * can be.  When it receives ringing
on the FXO port (incoming line) you will have to tell the Altigen where you
want to terminate that channel.  Going the other way, though, lets say that
you make 8 a dial access like 9 is for an outgoing line (in most systems)
and then make the extensions in the * 100, 101, 102 etc.  You would then
from the Altigen dial 8100, 8101 etc. because as soon as you seize the FXS
channel on the * you will have dialtone and can dial whatever you want.

In this same case, you would build that FXS port in the * to ring when you
dialed something like 200 and at that point the Altigen would receive
ringing on the FXO port and follow whatever termination programming you have
in it.  I would suggest terminating it at an application like an auto
attendant that will give you the flexibility to dial whatever you need to in
the Altigen from the *.  That would have you dial 200 to ring the Altigen
and then dial whatever you need to on the Altigen

Just remember, FXO/FXS are complimentary to each other and one receives
signalling from its counterpart.

Clear as mud?  BTW-Just realized I was sending HTML to the list BIG APOLOGY!
Think i got it fixed.

Jason Kawakami