[Asterisk-Users] Astetrisk connectet to PBX

Claus Lavdal Lav at psykiatri.aaa.dk
Wed Aug 4 06:34:52 MST 2004

I have got the change to set op an Asterisk PBX for one department in a
large organisation.

This means that in instead of connecting the Asterisk direct to the
PSTN
thought E1 interface (ISDN) I have to connect thought the big PBX
central
(IS3000).(http://pbcextra.net/commonnet/marcom/pdf/001_06221.pdf)

Is there any body who has experience with this?

The right size of connection between the Asterisk and the IS3000 is a
E1
interface (30 channels).

Which cards can I use?
Are the cards on (http://asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware) the only
ones
or are they the only ones you have tested?

The next part is of course the connections whit the IS 3000.

In another department they have some matra boxes (I'm not sure
- but I think they are using the LAN for transporting phone
conversations
matra to matra) this matra main box is connected to the IS3000 with an
E1
interface in both boxes. Yo keep the overall control of the telephone
network these two boxes are using Q.SIG. - this way the system shoud
be
transeprant.

Maybe I'm mixing things - pleas help me.

Overall the main think is that the Asterisk must be transperant so that
the
services on IP-telephones that is hook op on the Astrisk is the same as
the
services on traditional telephones that is hooked op on the IS 3000.
in and out, forwarding, show callerID)

So my question is - Is Q.SIG the way for connection the Asterisk to
the
IS3000? and do this give any problems. (I have seen that this have been
an
issue on the list about a year ago).

Regards/Claus