[Asterisk-Users] Who is calling me ?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:12:32 MST 2004

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:48:03 +0000, Andrei Goncalves
<andrei_asterisk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a "follow me" from my phone (111) to my softphone (222)... when
> someone call me, softphone show my phone number (111)..
>
> I´d like to asterisk to forward the calling number, so I could know how is
> calling me.

Set the CallerID to the ${CALLERID} of the line, then you should be
able to make the call appear to be coming from the incoming call as
opposed to the extension number that is calling you from Asterisk.

What I ended up doing was specifying a callerID argument in my macro,
then I just passed the ${CALLERID} variable as the argument.  I then
did a SetCallerID(${ARG2}) where ${ARG2} ended up being ${CALLERID}.

At least this is how I did it in my follow me script.  I'm sure there
are at least a couple of ways of doing this.

HTH,
Leif Madsen.
http://www.asteriskdocs.org