[Asterisk-Users] Rodopi Billing

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Aug 3 23:24:03 MST 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Tom wrote:

> At 07:08 PM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
> >That sigh will turn to cursing after a couple of months. We currently use
> >Rodopi, have for 10 years but the inflexability is too much to deal with
> >anymore so we are moving away from it.
>
> To what?  I am also a cursed Rodopi owner. :-(
>
> Tom

We use Platypus from Boardtown, which was just acquired by Tucows.
Although it has it's quirks, having seen Rodopi, Emerald, Prism and
ISPEasy in action, I'll take Platypus ANY day!

I have a method for hacking VoIP per minute billing into Platypus, but I
haven't executed it yet. Basically, we dump all of our CDR records to a
database. On a daily basis, we can tally up the the per-minute LD totals
for each customer and then insert a Radius Start/Stop record w/ the total
billing seconds for that day. Platypus's built in rate tables take care of
the rest. We provide 1,000 minutes of long distance with each account, so
at the end of the month when Platypus tallies up it's overage charges, if
the usage exceeds the limit, it bills the customer accordingly.

                             KP-216-121-ST