[Asterisk-Users] PRI Call Redirection / Transfers

Rick L. Wilson, Sr. rickw at leftsoft.com
Tue Aug 3 21:13:51 MST 2004

 > > John Harragin

 > > I have a PRI comming into each of 2 buildings. How do I
 > > redirect an incomming call on PRI_A of particular DIDs to
 > > arrive at PRI_B instead?

Not a real standard way of doing it in my experience.
Each switch type seems to have a different mechanism.  For instance the
5E has a feature called TBCT (two b channel transfer) which is
essentially like a supervised transfer or if you just reject the setup
message on a new call with a cause code 43 (if i remember correctly) it
will route the call to an alternate trunk group--this is called DTO
(direct terminal overflow).

Just unplugging the cable or throwing the t1/e1 into a loop does not
seem to keep 5e's from routing calls to a trunk.  The individual bearer
channels must be put in maintenance busy to keep calls from getting sent
to them first.  If this capability is not available on your end it often
requires a call to the carrier to do it for you.

I am not sure if any of these capabilities exist in *. Others will have
to answer that but, I have seen no mention of them in the wiki.

It might be nice to have say the 'restart gracefully' command put idle b
channels into 'maintenance busy' to keep new calls from coming into them
  and to also do it to them when existing calls drop off.

Just my two cents worth.

Rick