[Asterisk-Users] Today's possible problems with Broadvoice????

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Aug 3 11:27:59 MST 2004

Uhm... So AT&T pays you back WHAT for the time they're done?  So if they
go down all-day Monday, I'll get back... A dollar?  Heck, my cellular
provider does better than that.  That's not an SLA, that's a simple
refund-agreement... Nobody makes you pay for service you don't receive.
It's also completely useless, because it doesn't take into consideration
damages which my arise from the missing service, nor does it "punish"
AT&T for failing to provide reliable service.

The "worst" SLA I ever accepted called for a full day's refund if the
service went down for up to 3  hours in any one 7-day period, a week's
refund if the service went out for 3-6 hours, and a full month's refund
for any outtage above.  It would also allow penalty-free termination of
the contract if ever there the service was less than 99.2% availability
in any given 30-day period.

"Better" SLAs I've signed would provide 99.5-99.9% availability and
carry damage estimates for service outtages.

http://www.usa.att.com/callvantage/home.jsp?