[Asterisk-Users] DID Trunk

Joe Pukepail pukepail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 08:14:32 MST 2004

I'm working on putting together some Ideas about using Asterisk in our
environment, one of the things I want to consider is DID trunks
(analog), what hardware do I need to terminate these trunks?  I'm
looking at the voicetronix openswitch6 or openswitch12.

On the openswitch, I'd like to use some of the lines for analog sets
for the breakroom, kitchen, etc where they don't need all the cool
features, and the other lines for POTS/DID trunks.

Also how mature is this for production environment?  I envision using
mostly VOIP phones, cisco 7960 or Uniden UIP200 and using the
voicetronix to bring in DID trunks/POTS lines.

I've read reports about echo problems, is it still an issue with asterisk?