[Asterisk-Users] Any small colleges/universities using PBX or Voicemail?

Brian Hudson bhudson at rmwc.edu
Tue Aug 3 05:21:04 MST 2004

What an ACTIVE newsgroup!

I'm in the early stages of researching Asterisk.  My current environment
is a small college (~1000 sets/~400 student sets), Avaya Definity
G3si/Seimens Rolm Phonemail.  As you can imagine, the maintenance,
licensing, and equipment costs are HEFTY.

So.. are there any small colleges/universities using PBX or Voicemail?

If so, I'd be interested in your migration path.  What equipment was
replaced, and how did you handle the loss of investment in any
proprietary sets?

Many thanks,

Brian Hudson