[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Asterisk and Avaya Definity By E1 . Incoming work, but not outgoing

Roman Bessyadovskii rick at nnz.ru
Tue Aug 3 00:06:13 MST 2004

Thanks for help.
All works now.

Problem was in codecs on different sides

Definity: display ds1 1b14 CRC? n
Interface Companding: mulaw

And when making call via asterisk
Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  Q.931 Std: 0  Info transfer
capability: Speech (0)
>              Ext: 1  Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
>              Ext: 1  User information layer 1: A-Law
                                                 ^^^^^
> (35) [18 03 a9 83 82] Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  IntID: Implicit, PRI
Spare: 0, Exclusive Dchan: 0

So I can't make call. But incoming call (Definity -> Asterisk) works,
because asterisk understand ulaw.

So, I have once more question.
How can I change codec on Digium card on Asterisk side?
I configure asterisk and definity with this page
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Avaya), and here no one word about
what codec asterisk use.