[Asterisk-Users] Making asterisk distributed

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 3 00:03:53 MST 2004

Trilogy India wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to know, if someone has tried to use clustering
>in asterisk to increase its scalability and make it
>distributed??
>
>If yes, how easy it is to cluster?
>
>Can someone please ive me details about the same
>
>Thanks
>
>Varun

This has been discussed a number of times in the past, searching the
archives will reveal the various technical reasons why a clustered SIP
solution is very difficult to implement..

Your only real option for scalability is to distribute your users over
many servers and interlink them with IAX and your dial plan..

For those who don't know how to search the archives..
Goto the bottom of the page at
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=mailing_list and search..

Later..