[Asterisk-Users] Ringer Equivalencies?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Aug 2 18:40:05 MST 2004

Just a note -- please do not reply to a message, erase everything and start a
new thread.  Either click on the To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com and
start a new message or use your MUA's ability to start a new message.

On Monday 02 August 2004 21:10, Matt Davies | MattDavies.Net wrote:
> So I had my CO replace an IAD at my premesis today because of their
> hardware failure. Now, with the new equipment in place, I am unable to even
> detect ring on my Adtran 750. I have the same configuration as before, but
> when I call my inbound analog lines I cannot see that the Adtran detects
> the ring - therefore, it rings forever and forever.
>
> Anyone ever seen this? I know that their IAD is a Cisco 2400 series, but I
> don't have a login to the router. Can the ringer voltage be adjusted? Do I
> need to adjust something on my 750?

If it's telco equipment I'd phone the telco and complain -- sounds like they
misconfigured something.

> ----T1-->IAD---->FXS lines---->Adtran 750 FXO ports--->T1--->Digium
> card--->Asterisk

Any particular reason you can't forego the IAD and channel bank?

-A.