[Asterisk-Users] Help with ParkAndAnnounce command

Zolt Egeto goatr78 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 15:04:44 MST 2004

Hi everyone

I'm very, very, very, ... very new to Asterisk and I
need some help with the ParkAndAnnounce command.

Here's what I would like to do. I would like to
specify an extension in the extension.conf file which
is using the ParkAndAnnouce command (something like
this)

exten => 200,1,Answer
exten =>
200,2,ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED|60|SIP/${EXTEN}|some_context,${EXTEN},1)
exten => 200,3,Hangup

I'm writing an application in JAVA which is using the
Manager interface to manage calls and so on (I have
succeeded to hardcode the call on hold and the
transfer and some other actions). In this program I
use the Manager interface to detect calls (I use the
channels from the caller side and from the calling
side to put them into a call list). I would like to
use the Manager interface to park the calls from the
call list. How can I pass extensions, or for example,
channel parameters to the ParkAndAnnouce command (is
it possible at all?)?

And I would like to know how to use the last part in
the ParkAndAnnounce command (return extension part)
????

I know the first part is for the messages, the second
is the time after the call is passed to the return
extension (the last part), the third part is about the
extension which is used to announce the parked
extenision, and the last part consists of few subparts
(context, extension, .... ) I dont really understand
this last part, the part concerning the return
extension.

I had found some example files but I didnt find them
very helpful (that's cause I'm a beginner)   :)

If there's another way to park calls, it would be
great if you could tell me about it :)

Thanx for anyone in advance !!!

Greetings from Zolti