[Asterisk-Users] First Post: Any existing AVAYA Switch -> Asterisk Voicemail configs?

Brian Elton eltonb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:22:31 MST 2004

Hey Brian, my name is Brian too. I too administer a Definity.

I use Asterisk for personal use, but to use Comedian Mail with
Asterisk should be about the same as using anything else like Intuity
Audix.

Create your hunt group in the Definity, and then assign how ever many
analog ports you want, like for the Intuity we use 8 ports. I assume
you would have to use zap analog cards in the Asterisk server. Then,
from the Definity just plug your analog extensions into your zap ports
and then configure Asterisk to send all zap calls to the extension you
define for voicemail.

Give your users the extenion of the hunt group, and then the Definity
will dial first available zap extension.

I think you would need FXO cards in your asterisk box, but someone
else should confirm that.