[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Aug 2 08:44:32 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 10:20, Tom Lawrence wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> Just wondering if any one else has had a problem with stop and starting
> asterisk?!? If I do it say 5/6times without restarting the computer then it
> crashes. This doesn't seem normal to me, could this be because I'm running
> fedora core 2? I know there's problems with using fedora to do with the
> zaptel stuff but I've got them working.
> If u have had this problem and been able to sort it out, any info would be
> good!

What crashes? If the PC crashes, then I would suspect that FC2 is at
fault. If asterisk crashes, is it at the moment it is restarting?

I have had it "crash", or basically hang on a interface not being
unlocked during a restart as a result of it restarting too fast and the
OS not marking the device as free again. In this instance a quick start
of asterisk solves get asterisk going again.