[Asterisk-Users] Cisco MC3810

Wayde Nie asterisk at nie.ca
Mon Aug 2 08:09:58 MST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to asterisk and trying to get together the hardware to run a few POTS
phone extentions and one or two POTS lines for starters. For these low port
counts, I could just go with FXS and FXO cards, but...

I can get a Cisco MC3810 with a mixture of FXO and FXS ports, the MC3810 comes
with a built in ethernet port and I believe it does SIP too...

Will this mean that I won't need a T1 card and dedicated channel bank? ie.
Asterisk connected over ethernet with the MC3810 and the POTS lines and
stations connected to the MC3810? Does it work that way? Any other limitations
or gotcha's with this approach? (I'm new to this and want to confirm before I
go too far down this path...)

I found a couple of posts in the archive, but I wasn't sure if they were using a
T1 card in the MC3810 or not.

Thanks,
--
Wayde Nie.