[Asterisk-Users] broadvoice/asterisk incoming calls problem

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Sun Aug 1 19:57:19 MST 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:36:22 -0500 (CDT), Bartosz Wegrzyn <junk at lexon.ws>
wrote:

> I am ready to close that topic.
> Finally, I replaced my router from Multitech for Linksys.
> It solved all the problems related to NAT and incoming calls issues.
> My router model is Linksys BEFSX41.
>
> Thanks for your help, asterisk people.

Bart,

Would you try a few things with your new Linksys router?

Make some sip connections not using asterisk out to fwd or another sip
provider.

Try to use NetMeeting with another person who is outside of your network.

Try to use Kazaa.

For each of these situations, my BEFSX41 reboots on at least the first
attempt and often every time I try to do so.

I can not use NetMeeting at all.

I can use Kazaa, but only after I wait for it to cycle the first time.

SIP connections to packet8 (8x8) caused my LinkSys to just constantly
reboot.

I was able to get a "beta" firmware that stabilized it for the most part.
I downloaded a newer firmware and my problems are back. Their website says
you can't downgrade from the newer versions back to an old version, but a
tech told me I could. I've not got a chance to try downgrading yet.

I can send you the beta firmware if you're not able to get it from Linksys.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/