[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk scalability?

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Sun Aug 1 13:37:27 MST 2004

Hi, Scott

Thanks for your information. I have worse luck in load testing with
asterisk.

I have tried both SIP and H323 inbound calls and terminating on PSTN PRIs. I
am using a single Xeon 2.8G chip and 512M Ram and in both cases, once it
gets more than a T1, call quality starts to degrade with choppiness, and
Asterisk becomes very unstable and resets itself like every 5-15 minutes.

Can you let me know more about your tests, like which version of Asterisk
are you using for the test, and which version of H323 and your computer
configuration please, thanks a million

TC