[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel - incoming delay

George Gardiner asterisk at georgej.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 02:41:23 MST 2004

I am new to Asterisk so can I start by apologising if this question has been asked and answered already.

I'm in the UK using BT for two incoming lines, one on Wildcard TDM400P and the other on  Wildcard X100P.  I also have a SIP connection to voiptalk.org.

Incoming calls via SIP/broadband ring on extensions immediately.  However, an incoming call via PSTN is displayed on the CLI as an incoming call but extensions only ring after about 3 rings.

I am assuming this delay is to enable Caller ID detection.  Caller ID doesn't work with the Digium hardware in the UK I believe, so it isn't much help to me.

How do I get rid of this delay?

Many thanks,
George