[Asterisk-Users] Configuring Digium TE405P for use in Germany

Storer, Darren starusers at comgate.tv
Fri Apr 30 13:58:29 MST 2004

Hi Felix,

> Could you help me with exemples of
> zaptel.conf
> zapata.conf

<Caveat>
There didn't seem to be many clues about TE405P/TE410P configuration on
voip-info.org so please be aware that the following configs were arrived at
empirically.
</Caveat>

Here's zaptel.conf from a Quad E1 system we run in Munich that's directly
connected to the PSTN:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=32-46
dchan=47
bchan=48-62
span=3,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=63-77
dchan=78
bchan=79-93
span=4,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=94-108
dchan=109
bchan=110-124
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

As stated above, this system connects to the PSTN (as CPE) so depending on
the PRI connection type to the Hicom you may need to change the timing for
some of your circuits in the file above (span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4 and so
on...).

In the file below you may need to change the Hicom circuits to be pri_net
instead of pri_cpe.

Here's zapata.conf from the same system:

[channels]
language=en
context=default
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=national
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

group = 1
channel => 1-15

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 1
channel => 17-31

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 2
channel => 32-46

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 2
channel => 48-62

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 3
channel => 63-77

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 3
channel => 79-93

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 4
channel => 94-108

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 4
channel => 110-124

If anyone would like to suggest ways of "tidying up" the files above it'd
would be great to see some suggestions. Once the preferred configs are
confirmed the wiki will be updated with the information to help other new
users.

One last thought, please remember to close the 4 jumpers on the card for E1
operation instead of T1. If you forget to change the links you will see many
errors when you try to load the drivers!

HTH

Darren
--
Comgate