[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <--> Cisco router

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Fri Apr 30 09:01:21 MST 2004

I will double check that.

What are the compatible codecs between a cisco router and asterisk?

Here are the codecs Cisco offers at the router:
  clear-channel  Clear Channel 64000 bps
  g711alaw       G.711 A Law 64000 bps
  g711ulaw       G.711 u Law 64000 bps
  g723ar53       G.723.1 ANNEX-A 5300 bps
  g723ar63       G.723.1 ANNEX-A 6300 bps
  g723r53        G.723.1 5300 bps
  g723r63        G.723.1 6300 bps
  g726r16        G.726 16000 bps
  g726r24        G.726 24000 bps
  g726r32        G.726 32000 bps
  g728           G.728 16000 bps
  g729br8        G.729 ANNEX-B 8000 bps
  g729r8         G.729 8000 bps
  gsmefr         GSMEFR 12200 bps
  gsmfr          GSMFR 13200 bps

Also, I am using session protocol sipv2...

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 11:47, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > What codec should be used to connect a * box to
> > a cisco router which has a t1 with 24 trunks coming in?
> >
> > My router voip dial plan looks like this:
> >
> > dial-peer voice 2 voip
> >  destination-pattern [1,2,,3,5,8]..
> >  session protocol sipv2
> >  session target ipv4:10.x.x.x
> >  dtmf-relay cisco-rtp
> >  codec g711ulaw
> >  no vad
> > !
> >
> > The problem I have is when more than one call is on it,
> > sometimes the quality gets very bad.
> >
> > If more than one access the conference room it starts to
> > blip real badly.
>
> Just a guess... ensure asterisk and the cisco (and anything else
> between the two) are running full-duplex ethernet. Doubtfull the
> problem is related to codecs, but then I don't have a cisco to
> test with either.
>
> Rich

respectfully, Joseph - (606) 477-2355 x140