[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing DTMF on BRI

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Apr 30 06:53:32 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 12:19, Jason Penton wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Not sure what method Grandstream phones use for DTMF - I would imagine
> RFC2833 as inband DTMF in VoIP is not good. I would imagine that your
> problem is not with the BRI card but rather with Asterisk receiving your
> DTMF from your phones. Take a look at sip.conf and make sure that:

The Grandstream seems to be able to use all three styles of sending
DTMF, (Send DTMF: [in-audio] / [via RTP (RFC2833)] / [via SIP INFO]

I've now tried all three and nothing makes a difference.
(each time I try - also matched the "dtmfmode" in sip.conf :)

I can always dial from one internal extension to another - which would
suggest that * is getting the key-pushes.

> Also, to make sure that your BRI line is sending DTMF use an IAX client like
> firefly (www.virbiage.com) with Asterisk to make a call using your BRI. Try
> using DTMF now and I am sure things will work

OK Some change in thinking - to extensions, I added....
exten =>
_0012NXXXXXX,1,Dial(OH323/700${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}}@cisco.posix.co.za||Ttr)

ie - If I dial 0(outside line) 0121234567 (a local number) then...
Using OH323 - connect to a cisco, dial 70 to grab the FXO port, Dial '0'
to go through an existing switchboard, then 0121234567 for the number
being called... and this all works.. and DTMF works once I've dialed
out!

(numbers/names changed - to protect the guilty)

This all suggests something in the ISDN is eating the DTMF tones?

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE