[Asterisk-Users] Second X100P Card

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 30 06:50:42 MST 2004

> I have got one X100P telephone card in my Asterisk server and it's working
> well.
>
> I have two phones lines and would like to install a second card so I can use
> both lines.
>
> I have installed the card and tried to set it up, but all to no avail !
>
> Could someone outline the changes that I need to make (and in which .conf
> files) in order to get the second card going ?

In /etc/zaptel.conf need two channels defined:
 fxsks=1-2

run ztcfg -vv from the linux command line and you should see something like:
Channel map:
Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
2 channels configured.

In /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf you should have two channels defined:
context => yourcontext1
<snip>
channel => 1
context => yourcontext2
<snip>
channel => 2

And in /etc/asterisk/extension.conf your dialplan should address the
two lines with something like:
exten => _5X.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1} ; house line
exten => _9X.,1,Dial,Zap/2/${EXTEN:1} ; business line