[Asterisk-Users] Codec throughput was GrandStream 1.0.4.55 Firmware

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 02:47:28 MST 2004

To add to that I produced a little table from the data in wiki as well as a
couple of calculations of my own for the std codecs.

View in a fixed font. The IP rates are in kbs.

Codec   Rat  Packet  Theoretica  Theoretica IAX 2      IAX2 trunk
        e    Interv  l IP  Rate  l IP Rate  trunk 1    2 calls
        kbs  al      1 call      2 calls    call       measured
                                          measured
G729    8     30ms    18.7        26.7       30         39
G723.1  5.3   30ms    16          21.3
G723.1  6.4   30ms    17          23.5
GSM     13.2  20ms    29.2        42.4       35         50
iLBC    13.3  30ms    24.0        37.3       28         49
iLBC    15.2  20ms    31.2        46.4
LPC10   2.5   22.5ms  16.7        19.2       22         28
G711    64    30ms    74.7        138.7      82         148

One thing to not with iLBC is that if * has to do the conversion it takes a
lot of CPU power and might be the reason for the measured results.

Chris