[Asterisk-Users] Vonage and * (and what about those ATAs?)

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Apr 29 23:21:08 MST 2004

Unless I'm too dense to find this -- You're pointing me to the articles
that talk about the FACTRESET command, and that has been disabled by
Vonage a few months ago.  The only known way to get into the box w/o
Vonage's help is to intercept the configuration data sent to the box
from Vonage, decrypt it using a brute-force attack against their RC4
cypher, and then reading off the password.  That still requires the
Cisco config tools which aren't available without a service contract.