[Asterisk-Users] Vonage and * (and what about those ATAs?)

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Apr 29 22:16:46 MST 2004

Yes -- I think I mentioned that in my previous post -- you pay the
termination fee + $15 for a total of $55 per ATA to get it free and
clear.  If you return the ATA, you'll get the termination fee back.  As
far as I can tell, unlocking the ATA and remaining a Vonage customer are
mutually exclusive choices.  They won't let you run their service
through an unlocked ATA (or you could gleam the SIP settings through it
and move it to a different client, say, Asterisk).

What bugs me is that the quality of their service is pretty good, but
they're just so darn inflexible.