[Asterisk-Users] Skinny protocol documentation

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Thu Apr 29 16:37:35 MST 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Andre Normandin wrote:

> There is a problem calling the cisco, in that the cisco 'answers' the line
> with a dial tone, and the calling extension has no idea that the cisco
> picked up, and continues to ring the cisco.. But, I'll deal with that one
> later..

If you have multiple lines on your Cisco, by default the code will only
answer a call on the 'selected' line.  At a guess I'd say another line was
selected, which meant that chan_sccp ignored the ringing line and gave you
dialtone on your selected line.  I patched chan_sccp to give 'normal'
behaviour; I'm pretty sure I lodged the patch with the Lambda Solutions
Mantis...

> Last night when I put ethereal on the network, the cisco was indeed sending
> the RTP packets to x.y.z.26 (One of my 6 ACTUAL IP addresses).. I have NO
> idea how it even found out that ip address. I did everything, modified the
> DNS server so that .26 doesn't even appear in it, replacing it with the
> internal .223 address etc.. Nothing helped..

Check the code.  The channel determines the IP address of the machine by
doing gethostname() then gethostbyname().  Perhaps the x.y.z.26 was in
your /etc/hosts.  Anyway, that's the address that chan_sccp puts into the
SDP data during call setup, so that's how the phone got it.

Cheers,
Vic Cross