[Asterisk-Users] Queues and IAX2

Brian D'Arcy bdarcy at akiva.com
Thu Apr 29 15:52:08 MST 2004

I'm running Asterisk CVS-04/28/04-13:22:35 (fairly current)

Today when I setup queues for the first time (with one member in my
default queue), I got some really strange behaviour, aside from my
hysterical laughing after hearing the default MOH =)

I only have one SIP hardphone I'm testing with right now, so I tested
using DIAX, Firefly(IAX) and XLite(SIP).  My hardphone is an analog
Nortel running over an ATA-186.

When I dial ext. 4000 using the ata-186, OR XLite, I get the MOH
greeting and everything works *perfectly*.

However, when dialing in to exten 4000 using Firefly, I just hear
endless ringing, no MOH.  When I dial in using DIAX, I just get hungup
on immediately...  With IAXPHONE, I get hungup on immediately..

So from what I can tell, it seems that maybe there's something busted
with IAX within *?

Keep in mind, the queuing is working, my queue member's phone rings, and
can connect the call with the incoming SIP client just fine, it's only
the IAX clients that don't seem to work.

Has anyone else run into this?

Brian D'Arcy