[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Users]Can´t compile the source!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 29 04:29:54 MST 2004

> I testet now over the night my machine and testetd it
> with 10 memory tests over 8 hours with memtest86.
> No errors or any other problems.

Good.  Now follow Stephen's advice and check out your CPU and/or chipset for
overheating.  You should be able to find a good CPU test online (I don't have
any links handy, sorry) -- compiling is a pretty good CPU excerciser but it
is also heavily I/O bound.  Throw some terms into Google like "linux cpu
burn-in" and see what turns up.  If you can't find anything I'll see what I
can find.

> I don´t want to update my gcc 3.3 I don´t think thats the problem or??
> Could anyone give me an idea why compiling crashes???

I *seriously* doubt it's the compiler.

Regards,
Andrew