[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk goes international :-)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 28 23:30:30 MST 2004

During the recent week, we've worked hard to add more of the contributed international
support to Asterisk. A big step was taken yesterday when Mark added international support
for saynumber() to CVS. We now have a first version of support for
* Danish
* German
* English
* Swedish
* Norwegian
* Portuguese
* Italian
* French

All of these require that you add your own sound files. There are samples on the net, which
you can find by reading the wiki.

We've also added country-specific settings to indications.conf and started working on
a number of i18n efforts for Asterisk.

A big thank you to all of you that helped me with this, and to all of you that
contributed code!

Finally, I can confuse my Swedish customers by randomly telling numbers
in Italian, French or Portuguese :-)

/Olle