[Asterisk-Users] Best echo-free and trouble-free system?

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Wed Apr 28 13:33:32 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 19:12, Raymond McKay wrote:
> > What is the best setup for ensuring an echo-free and trouble-free
> > system?
> I regularly build systems for clients based off of Asterisk.  If you want to
> be guaranteed of no echo whatsoever, then going the analog route seems the
> way to go for now.  My small office configurations usually utilize a Dell
> Optiplex GX270 as the actual phone system server and a T100P connected to an
> Adtran Channel Bank (TA750) with 1 FXO and 3 FXS Cards.
-SNIP-
> Here is a complete list of Parts I use on a standard system
-SNIP-
> Digium T100P T1 Interface
> Adtran TA750 /w 12 FXS - 3 Cards (Part # 4175002L3#AC)
> Adtran TA750 QUAD FXO Card (Part # 1175407L2)

This seems like an expensive route to take, although I do hear that you
find it reliable & hence worth the money.
I really hope that a Wildcard TDM04B & 3 TDM40Bs could replace these 3.
I know the TDM04B is new, but presumably it's the same tech as the X100P
so what are people's experiences likes with this combo instead?

PS Added your post to Wiki:
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+setup+soho+4+CO+12+extensions

Thanks!