[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Iconnecthere pause

Justin Sanders justin at sandershosting.com
Wed Apr 28 12:13:43 MST 2004

Hi, I just got a SPA-2000 in and was finally able to complete my asterisk
setup.  I'm making my outgoing calls through iconnecthere from the
asterisk server however I'm running into a problem when placing calls.  I
can connect fine but when the person (or answering machine) picks up I
hear them talk for a about half a second then there is a half a second
pause or muted period and then the audio comes back fine for the rest of
the call.  This is frustrating though cause in that time period is usually
when people say hello when they pickup.  It happens on every call and
there isn't any error messages in the sip debug console.  I think I've
narrowed down the problem to some kind of issue with my setup between the
asterisk server and iconnecthere.  The reason I say that is this doesn't
occur when I call fwd numbers or 1800 numbers through iaxtel but will
occur on those same 1800 numbers through iconnecthere.  Also the problem
isn't my phone or SPA-2000 cause I get the same issue if I redirect a
incoming fwd call (through ipkall) out through iconnecthere.  Another
interesting test is if I connect my SPA-2000 directly to iconnecthere
without going through asterisk I don't have any problems and there is no
pause.  So the issue seems to be something with the way my asterisk setup
is talking with iconnecthere.  My sip.conf is setup to disallow=all,
allow=gsm, allow=ulaw, allow=alaw, however it doesn't make a difference if
I connect with either codec.  Here is my iconnecthere section with
user/pass removed:

[iconnect]
type=friend
secret=
username=
host=natrelay.deltathree.com
dtmfmode=inband
canreinvite=no

All this seems pretty standard.  What settings or debug information should
I look at to fix this issue.  Has anyone else encountered this problem
before.  I'd be happy to supply more information about my setup but since
I'm not sure where the problem would be from I don't know what to post.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Justin <justin at sandershosting.com>