[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Can´t compile the source!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 28 06:59:51 MST 2004

> Ok I will test it, but I ran it again and it segafault at the same place.
> Other things compile (gcc) without an error.
> Do I need to install the kernel source or isn´t it neccesary?
> What else could it be??

Since everyone else can compile Asterisk without segfaulting the compiler I
doubt very highly you've found anything special in that regard.

What compiler version?  I know you're running SuSE 8.2 and I'm fairly certain
that SuSE does not play dumb-ass tricks like RedHat with regard to compilers
and kernels.

It's also my impression that the kernel headers are required to compile just
about anything.  I would still give memtest86 a try if I were you.  As I
said, 99 times out of 100 if you manage to segfault the compiler it's a
memory issue.

Regards,
Andrew