[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Segmentation Fault

Ben Merrills ben at griffin.com
Wed Apr 28 04:05:54 MST 2004

I downloaded the latest version of asterisk (and I might add I've also
tried the stable branch too) via cvs and tried to compile it. Now, the
compilation does succeed, and an asterisk binary is produced, however
when I try and run asterisk I get the following error.

Could anyone shed any light as to why? I've attached a copy of the make
log so you can see if there any problems. There does seem to be a few
notable ones, such as ringtone.h supposedly not being found (it should
be in channels/ correct?).

The system is as follows:

Red Hat Enterprise
Dual PIII 1Gig
2.4.26 Kernel (recompiled with src in /usr/src/linux)

I've installed openssl/-devel, readline/-devel, alsa-src.

If anyone can shed any light as to why this might be happening, please
let me know. Would really like to get this online. We've put together
Asterisk boxes under Debian (Woody) before, but not RedHat Ent.

The output of Asterisk from the command line is:

/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvgc
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
Segmentation fault

On another note:

We've started work on a call center level management system for Asterisk
including desktop call management and central management interfaces, as
well as web based queue management. We hope to release it all soon and I
will put some early screen shots and code online asap... need a new
asterisk box first ;) (All Open Source - License not yet agreed).

Kind Regards

Ben Merrills
Internet Application Developer
Griffin Internet