[Asterisk-Users] help ---IAX2 with zaptel timming.

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Tue Apr 27 11:15:23 MST 2004

On 09:46 AM 4/27/2004, James B Holmstedt wrote:
 >My question is, how do I setup zaptel timming without any cards if possible?
 >  Does anyone have the steps?  Thanks for any information.

First off, as you can see from the errors, IAX2 trunking requires a timing
device.  If you want to do trunking across IAX, then you need to either add
in a zap card for timing, or build a software timing source (see
www.voip-info.org for alternate asterisk timing options)

You could choose not to enable trunking on your IAX connections and you
should be fine.  The only difference is that when you make multiple
concurrent calls over a single IAX connection, trunking saves you some
bandwidth by reducing packet overhead.

-Chris