[Asterisk-Users] void your warranty and get a 3.3V/5V TE405P

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 27 07:15:31 MST 2004

http://www.mixdown.ca/~asterisk/

The card seems to be working fine.  Don't expect warranty on it though.  :-)

Why?  Because I wanted a quad-span T1 card which worked in the high-end
systems I was intending it for, but that I could also keep a few in stock and
if the system mainboard failed, pull the card an put it in a standard PC
system.  I didn't want to have to stock 3.3V and 5V exclusive cards, and the
TE405P hardware looked like it could handle it.

I am sure that Digium goofed when they gave the card a 5V PCI card edge
instead of a universal 3.3V/5V one -- Hopefully their next batch of TE405P
cards will have a universal card edge and they will phase out the TE410P.

Again -- THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.  It's a USD$1500 card.  if you can't
eat the cost of a broken card, don't do this.

Regards,
Andrew