[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Tue Apr 27 06:54:45 MST 2004

John Todd wrote:
> My comment was not a comment on additional Asterisk configuration, but
> instead warned users that they would have to re-register their number
> space in the root e164.arpa zone again as soon as that feature was
> available from their government/PTT/telco.

Chances are most people renting will have changed places numerous times
before the official range is sorted out in Australia, hell even most
home owners might have retired and moved north by the time it happens
with any benefit. Currently there is numerous privacy groups and the
main telco against it, so I have my doubts about it happening any time
soon in this country. Also I don't have the patients to wait for them to
sort it all out, nor the time to configure and reconfigure and
reconfigure and reconfigure asterisk boxes each time I do a new install
for a client so they can "call" each other without cost...

--
Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!