[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Tue Apr 27 04:55:31 MST 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:06:53PM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:

> > The validation call is made within 15 minutes of you adding the number
> > to the website, so the calls are determined by the end user for the most
> > part, they are automated and generally kept as short as possible to keep
> > costs down.
> This is one thing I was concerned about... If someone was to enter an
> incorrect phone number, they may inconvenience the other person. This
> might be intentional, or by accident. ie, at 3am is rather inconvenient
> for most people (although perfectly acceptible for me ...)

Also in the UK you have to comply with various regulations when offering
automated call systems (that originate calls to end users). It may be
covered under ICTIS regulations. You also have to be able to block
numbers from these services.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd Phone/Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
SMS steve-epage (at) gbnet.net [body] gpg 1024D/468952DB 2001-09-19