[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Mon Apr 26 21:17:41 MST 2004

John Todd wrote:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, with regards to trust, I've directly
been involved with the running of CAcert (Community Certificate
Authority that issues free PKI/SSL certificates) for almost 2 years,
this has a lot more security/trust implications and requires a lot of
personal information and a lot of trust in those running the service to
handle the personal information with due diligence. So far no
complaints, just encouragement to help us over come the current
situation with that section of the IT/Internet community...

>   In closing, I encourage people to sign up for e164.org's service, but
> be prepared to do this all over again when 'true' e164.arpa comes to
> fruition in your nation.

Asterisk actually copes with this just fine, as you should know with
running freenum.org :) Yes you are 100% correct they aren't one and the
same and we hopefully haven't confused things in our current
documentation on this, even our example asterisk configs list e164.arpa
as a search domain...

--
Best regards,
  Duane