[Asterisk-Users] Call Queues, Call groups

Paul Concepcion pconcepcion at mb.capyi.ca
Mon Apr 26 11:02:59 MST 2004

I'm in a similar situation setting up Asterisk. Here are the important
parts for my configs.

Here's my situation. English/french support queues which are access
through some phone prompts. Agents login by dialing 8XXXX, where XXXX is
their agent ID. Similarly they log out with 7XXXX.

[agents.conf]

;
; Agent configuration
;
;
[agents]
autologoff=10
ackcall=yes
;allow two minutes after each call for finishing up
;wrapuptime=120000
;make that 5 seconds
wrapuptime=5000

musiconhold => none

recordagentcalls    =    yes
recordformat        =    wav
createlink=yes
savecallsin=/var/calls
;english

group = 1
agent => 8001,1111,agent 1
agent => 8002,1111,agent 2
agent => 8003,1111,agent 3
agent => 8004,1111,agent 4

group = 1,2
;english/french
agent => 8005,1111,agent 5
agent => 8006,1111,agent 6

[extensions.conf]
[macro-agentcallbacklogin]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,AgentCallbackLogin(${MACRO_EXTEN:1}|${CALLERIDNUM}@sip)
exten => s,3,Hangup

[macro-agentcallbacklogout]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,AgentCallbackLogin(${MACRO_EXTEN:1})
exten => s,3,Hangup

[agent-loginext]
;provides numbered extensions for agents to login to.

exten=> _88XXX,1,Macro(agentcallbacklogin)
exten=> _78XXX,1,Macro(agentcallbacklogout)

helpdesk-sub]
exten => s,1,Background(helpdesk-menu-english-french)

exten => 1,1,Answer
exten => 1,2,Wait,1
;after five minutes, send to voicemail
exten => 1,3,Queue(english|t|||300)
exten => 1,4,VoiceMail(b8080)

exten => 2,1,Answer
exten => 2,2,Wait,1
exten => 2,3,Queue(french|t|||300);
exten => 4,4,VoiceMail(b8081)

;let the public leave voicemail if needed
exten => 7,1,Answer
exten => 7,2,Wait,1
exten => 7,3,VoiceMail
exten => 7,4,Hangup

exten => t,1,Wait,1
exten => t,2,Goto(helpdesk,4,1)
exten => i,1,Background(helpdesk-menu-english-french)

[sip]
include => local
include => helpdesk
include => default ;only let internal phones dial internal extensions?
include => ext-acd
;include => testing
include => agent-loginext

[queues.conf]

[general]
;
; Global settings for call queues
;   (none exist currently)

;[default]
;
; Default settings for queues (currently unused)
;
[english]
announce-frequency = 90
announce-holdtime = yes
queue-youarenext = queue-youarenext; ("You are now first in line.")
queue-thereare = queue-thereare; ("There are")
queue-callswaiting = queue-callswaiting; ("calls waiting.")
queue-holdtime = queue-holdtime ;("The current est. holdtime is")
queue-minutes = "queue-minutes"; ("minutes.")
queue-thankyou = queue-thankyou; ("Thank you for your patience.")

music=        default
announce=    helpdesk-whisper-english
strategy=    leastrecent
timeout=    30
retry=        5
maxlen=        0

member => Agent/@1

[french]
music=        default
announce=    helpdesk-whisper-french
strategy=    leastrecent
timeout=    10
retry=        5
maxlen=        0

member => Agent/@2

================= end of files ==========

-paul

Paul Mahler wrote:

>Is anyone successfully using call queues and call groups? If so do you have
>an example configuration?
>
>The wicki and mailing list information I found is pretty old.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Paul
>pmahler at signate.com

Paul Concepcion