[Asterisk-Users] Voicetronix Openswitch/6

Alok K. Dhir adhir at symplicity.com
Mon Apr 26 10:32:48 MST 2004

Hello all - I'm trying to get Asterisk working with an Openswitch/6 card
with all ports set to FXO for PSTN in/out, and 10 SIP phones on the LAN
with the Asterisk server.

The SIP phones are working properly to dial one another, but I can't
seem to get a call to go out to the PSTN through the voicetronix, and I
similarly can't get incoming calls to the lines hooked up to the
voicetronix to pick up and be handled by Asterisk.

I have tried extrememly simple dial rules in extensions.conf to test
this, such as "exten => 200,1,Dial(vpb/g1/411)" without success.
Asterisk claims to be ringing on one of the vpb channels, but it rings
and rings - it doesn't seem to connect to an actual outside line.

All lines have been tested with analog handsets and are working properly.

Can anyone offer any guidance?

/etc/asterisk/vpb.conf:
[general]
;type = v12pci
type = v6pci
;type = v4pci
cards = 1

[interfaces]
board = 1
echocancel = on
callerid = on

; For OpenSwitch6
; Note that V6PCI channel numbers start at 7!
context = default
mode = immediate
group = 1
channel => 7