[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP Noise every 300 ms

Tobias Jönsson asterisk at tobiasjonsson.se
Mon Apr 26 05:24:45 MST 2004

Where do these strange noises come from?
<http://www.tobiasjonsson.se/asterisk/recorded-sound.wav>

First sound in the recording above is from a ISDN (EuroISDN) connection
thru chan_modem in Asterisk. Second sound is recorded from a SIP soft
phone to the same RxFAX(), which now sounds all right. I have talked to
Steve Underwood who says I am the first to report this problem and he
thinks the error does not come from his code. I am using HiSax driver and
chan_modem_i4l.

When disconnecting I get the following in Asterisk's log file but there
are no messages when connecting. There are no such problems when using
voicemail nor when dialling SIP phones.

Apr 23 11:22:23 NOTICE[1097748]: Unable to find a path from SLINR to UNKN
Apr 23 11:22:23 WARNING[1097748]: Unable to restore read format on 'Modem[i4l]/ttyI5'
Apr 23 11:22:23 NOTICE[1097748]: Unable to find a path from UNKN to SLINR
Apr 23 11:22:23 WARNING[1097748]: Unable to restore write format on 'Modem[i4l]/ttyI5'

Running v1-0_stable * from CVS.

Regards,
Tobias