[Asterisk-Users] Using Exchange to send voicemail message

Scott Weis kb2ear at kb2ear.net
Sun Apr 25 13:45:49 MST 2004

Simple answer, Without using sendmail to send the message to the exchange
server the answer is no. Asterisk is a linux based PBX with no build in MTA.
It needs an external program to send mail. So unless you have a linux
program that can speak exchange you need sendmail (Or any program that
compiles on linux with a sendmail like interface(Postfix, courier, etc)).

 Scott