[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Budgetone G723, G729 or any compression

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Apr 25 13:08:11 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 13:43, charles at fmctel.com wrote:
> Hi, does anybody made G723 or G729 to work with a GrandStream Phone ? I've
> a Cisco here and it works fine with G723, but not with my asterisk. The
> bandwitdh  is very important, since we will have our extensions at home. I
> know that I have what I pay, but the phone works with cisco.
>
> Trying to use G723 or G729 Asterisk says no codec available.
>
> Does anybody have it working with any compression ?

You didn't see information on this when you searched the mailing list
archives?

site:lists.digium.com in addition to your other query terms.

Useful Asterisk Docs: http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=documentation
(look at the "Unofficial Links") and
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk and
http://www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/ (my site) and
http://asteriskdocs.org/

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows