[Asterisk-Users] snom reporting busy when it shouldn't

Frederic Steinfels fredo at dvdupgrades.ch
Sun Apr 25 05:19:07 MST 2004

Christian Stredicke wrote:

> Right. When the phone is ringing, there is nothing like „another
> ringing indication“. That’s was done by intention, we simply wanted to
> keep things simple. One at a time!

Thanks for responding; even on Sunday (great service).
Will this apply for the snom220 as well? I am using the 200 for now.

My oppinion: A phone does not have to be simple, a phone needs to supply
the best possible service under a heavy load. Switching between calls or
forwarding to other employees/phones with as little buttons pressed as
possible while giving the operator a good overview of what's going on is
crucial.

My employee operating this phone will have to handle a large amount of
calls during the day and it happens all the time that several people are
calling at once. Furthermore the operater has to be able to distinguish
between less important and more important calls (like suppliers, support
requests, important customers, less important customers) in order to
pick up the most important call first. Therefore there has to be a way
the phone is showing this information either in the display or with
different LED colors or positions on the line buttons for example. Of
course asterisk can help here by putting it into the callerid or calling
different extensions/lines/(virtual)phones/accounts etc.

By the way: all this is working perfectly in the Cisco 9760.

Frederic

Frederic