[Asterisk-Users] Adtran Channel Bank?

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Sat Apr 24 22:15:40 MST 2004

I'm new to Asterisk -- don't have it set-up yet, just comparing options.
Can I do this:

Wildcard T100P going into an Adtran Total Access 750 or 850, purchased
from ebay -- most of those come with a few FXS cards; swap one quad-FXS
with a quad-FXO card for four CO lines and up to 20 analog extensions.
If I understand correctly, I can also terminate a couple of SIP
connections (* acts as a SIP client) as well as create SIP extensions (*
as a SIP server).

What kind of processor would I need for this?  Will the "leftover"
P2-233 be enough, should I revive a 1.2GHz Celeron, or should I free up
an Athlon 2200+ for this?  Or start fresh with a 2.5+ GHz Celeron (or
P4?)

As for call volume, this is mainly a super-charged home-office.
Asterisk is mainly for the "cool" factor and won't handle more than two
calls (four channels) at a time.  The business line should receive more
polished call-handling, the home-lines should become more practical
(ring my wife's extension during business hours, etc).

How (and how well) does * support ADSI?  Can I pump out data to
ADSI-capable phones through a T100P and Adtran Channel bank?

Thanks in advance.