[Asterisk-Users] D/41 ESC dialogic ISA CARD

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Apr 24 10:56:21 MST 2004

Hi Scott,

It cannot play and record at the same time. It can play audio and listen
for DTMF. It can record audio while listening for DTMF. That is about
its limit. Most Dialogic cards are like this. The newest JCT cards
permit full duplex operation, but still have issues with excessive
latency, when used for VoIP. Their duplex capability was added for
speech recognition users, where latency is not a big issue.

Regards,
Steve