[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940/7960 SIP functionality questions

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Fri Apr 23 21:20:50 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Paul Tyreman wrote:

> Would it be possible for you to provide some more info on this.

There are two[1] SCCP channels available for Asterisk:

- chan_skinny: part of Asterisk (?), basic support, limited development

- chan_sccp: derived from chan_skinny, separately downloaded, more
complete support (especially for the Wi-Fi 7920)

I have not used chan_skinny.  It will probably work for you, but ISTR one
of the limitations was that it only provided a single line presentation
per device (you will want more than this on a 7960).

I use chan_sccp with my 7960s.  As I have commented previously, it is
quite usable and functional even though the developers class it as "Beta
Quality".  YMMV.  You can find info about chan_sccp at
http://www.lambda-solutions.de/sccp.  I'm sure there is a lot of
information on SCCP and * available in past posts to the list too.

Cheers,
Vic Cross