[Asterisk-Users] call initiation

Christopher Stephens asterisk at chuljin.com
Fri Apr 23 13:03:00 MST 2004

Others correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that:

Presumably, you have lines like:
exten => _XXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})

if none of your internal extensions start with a nine (ie if they are in
the range 000-899 or smaller), try changing the first to:
 exten => _[0-8]XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
or even narrower as your needs require

This way, * doesn't have to wait for you to stop dialing to distinguish
between outgoing 918185551212 and extension 918.

Hope this helps!
-Chris