[Asterisk-Users] Polycom registration

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Fri Apr 23 12:13:33 MST 2004

John Baker wrote:

> Try following the instructions at
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Polycom+Phones
>
> I think you don't have your MACADDRESS.cfg file set right.  I've never
> used the web interface.

The problem is I don't seem to have a reference to the format of that
file or what options I can put in it.  Some docs I've looked at
reference the distribution.zip file as having some default templates.
However the Polycom cd that came w/ the phone has not such zip file..
:(  I'll need that zip file, any ideas on where to get it.

Also upon looking things over I setup a ftp server BUT the RH9 box I was
running would NOT add user named 'PlcmSpIp' in.  Upper case letters just
wouldn't work.  So I put in the user 'plcmspip' and then manually put in
the upper case letters in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow...

In the future I 'should' be able to change that to something other then
the default values.  I've search over the menus(pressing menu, settings,
authentication) gave the a 'reg user' and password.  I changed that to

user: 110
password: test

but the 0004f200b70e-boot.log still says its using u=PlcmSpIp
pw=PlcmSpIp to log in.  Ideas on how to fix that?

> If it still doesn't work after that, write back.

Sorry - the Cisco phones had cruddy docs to.  While the polycom phone
itself looks better, better display, more buttons, better menus - the
docs are still lacking..

> John
>
> P.S.  Make sure you use a good xml editor when fixing up the cfg files.

Have any suggestings?  I've always used vi....

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                           815-968-9888 x101