[Asterisk-Users] 3com SIP phone working with asterisk

Lisa Xie lxie at qovia.com
Fri Apr 23 08:08:35 MST 2004

Hello everyone,

I just like to let you know that I tested Asterisk with 3COM SIP phones
and it worked fine. The 3Com phones are old ones with the same look of
NBX 2102 phone but different product number: P/N: 655005001 Rev B

There is no special set up except that I have to specifically put
allow=ulaw in sip.conf. Otherwise, there is "codec unrecognized" error.

[general]

port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
allow=ulaw            ; Allow all codecs

Lisa